Congratulatory Message To Ghana, My Motherland.

By
Advertisement

Today is Ghana's birthday. All Ghanians young and old are celebrating 58 years since the We gained independence from Britain, our colonial masters. From our Army, Navy and Air force down to School children and the ordinary Ghanaian across the country are matching to show their Commitment and Belongingess to the country. Everyone one is showing his/her sense of Patriotism. It's a nice time being a Ghanaian. I have not much to say other than...
God Bless Our Homeland Ghana.
And Make Our Nation Great and Strong,
Bold to Defend Forever
The Cause of Freedom And Of Right;
Fill Our Hearts With True Humility,
Make Us Cherish Fearless Honesty,
And Help Us To Resist Oppressors' Rule With All Our Will
And Might Forevermore.

But God has already blessed Ghana with abundant Human and Material resources. We have Cocoa, Gold, Oil, Timber, Wildlife, ... and it goes  on. We have strong Men and Women too. We've been blessed already. We should rather change our attitude towards each other. A change for the better. Our leaders cannot change Us when We are not ready to change.
You can force a horse to the river side but you can't force it to drink.
and also
Everyone is calling for change among Ghanians but no one is ready to change himself"
It starts with You and Me. We control the country's future.

At the independence square in Accra today, I expect to see the "North Korean" style of matching and also, the colorful display by the Army, Navy and the Air force. It makes Me feel Ghanaian.
I love my Homeland Ghana, and I'm most lucky to be a Ghanaian.
On that note,
I promise on my honour
To be faithful and loyal to
Ghana my motherland.
I pledge myself to the service of Ghana
With all my strength and with all my heart.
I promise to hold in high esteem.
Our heritage, won for us through the blood and toil of our fathers; and I pledge myself in
All things to uphold and defend the good name of Ghana.
So help me God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment