How To Hard Reset A Windows Phone.

By
Advertisement



I never learnt how to do this until my Lumia 521 fucked up. I forgot the password I've been using for so long. It quickly disappeared in My mine like Ghosts in Merlin.

After trying multiple times inputting what I thought was My password, the phone locked itself for 4 minutes. Four minutes came by and still I couldn't remember so it  gave Me 8, then 12, 16... and to My surprise 564 minutes to remember my password. That's more than 9 hours. I became very disturbed but I prayed for protection and went to bed.

The next morning, I tried again and again but to no avail so I said to Myself
I must find a way to end this.
Then I took the hard decision, I should hard reset it. So I went online for tips. I was warned that when I do a hard reset, My device's content will be erased and the phone will be as empty as it was just brought out from the factory. But a poor boy like Me had no choice. I had to, not withstanding the fact that My that my Apps, Games, Phonebook, those memorable Pictures... oohh! were all gonna disappear like cloud.  I did and then prayed for strength and moved on with life.

Going back  to the topic, let's see how to Reset a Windows Phone.

HOW TO HARD RESET A WINDOWS PHONE.


Go to Settings in your App list then >> About >> Reset your phone.

You'll be warned twice. If you still want to restore your phone to its factory settings, tap Yes, and then tap Yes again.
It might take a little while for the process to complete.

Also if your Windows Phone is unresponsive or you cant even access the device's Settings, then try doing it using the hardware buttons.

Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration.

When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down  button until you see a large exclamation mark.

Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:
Volume up >> Volume down >> Power >> Volume down .
Your phone should now reset and restart itself.
(It might take a while for the reset to finish.)


Your Turn:

If you like this post, Share it to your favorite social network so friends and family can read as well. Use the social buttons below.




0 comments:

Post a Comment